Sunriver resort is a favorite of locals and visitors alike. With winding trails, gorgeous river views, award winning golf course, wateriffic fun at SHARC, Village Mall area with restaurants, shops, ice-skating, bumper cars, and impressive list of seasonal resort events and activities, it’s no wonder that people flock to the area for a little R&R.
And now, there are $50 million more reasons to love Sunriver!
Recently announced, a $50 million property revitalization of the resort over the next 5 years, and slated to open in May of this year. The project includes new, hip eating options as well as a new pool facility with a café and bar.
“Our goal is to create experiences where guests can relax and gather for Pacific Northwest-inspired food and drinks while enjoying Sunriver Resort’s one-of-a-kind setting,” said Tom O’Shea, Sunriver Resort’s managing director. “From relaxing poolside, to kicking back after a day of golf, or simply enjoying a meal with family, there is a unique experience awaiting every guest.”
- Carson’s American Kitchen will embrace the flavors of the region with an extensive menu created by Executive Chef Travis Taylor with tantalizing offerings to suit every taste. This family-friendly restaurant is perfect for all occasions, featuring a display kitchen, casual atmosphere and memorable dishes with local ingredients. Carson’s American Kitchen is named after famous explorer Kit Carson, who was purported to have camped on the Sunriver Meadow during his exploration of the Oregon Trail. [Carson’s American Kitchen is now open for business, as of May 20, 2015!]
- Twisted River Tavern offers a twist on classic bar favorites including shareable noshes and local beer, wine and cocktails by the glass. With elevated tavern fare served all day long with live music in the evenings, Twisted River will be a guest favorite for a tradition of fun get-togethers among friends. [Twisted River is now open for business, as of May 20, 2015!]
- The Living Room at the lodge, with its open and inviting space, will feature artisan Central Oregon-inspired small bites, regional wines on tap, bottled beer and a selection of after-dinner spirits. The new lobby bar is designed to offer guests a place to relax, gather before dinner for a quick drink and provide a central hub for the Resort’s endless activities and happenings.
- The new swimming and outdoor recreation facility, known as “The Cove,” will feature a giant zero-entry pool and hot tub, private cabanas, a waterslide, nature discovery area, lakeside trails and a spacious deck and lawn. The Cove will blend outdoor recreation with a mix of comfort and family fun. Additionally, The Spotted Frog will serve poolside beverages and fare. The restaurant’s name is a nod to the endangered Oregon Spotted Frog, who will have a protected habitat at The Cove’s nature discovery area. [The Cove is officially open for resort guests as of Friday, May 22, 2015!]
More information about this awesome Sunriver transformation can be found below:
- Official Sunriver Resort Press Release
- “Behold Sunriver Resort’s $50 Million Facelift”, Portland Monthly
- Sunriver Resort Website
- Sunriver Resort on Facebook