Bend Whitewater Park NOW OPEN!
ICYMI: The passageway (floater) channel was temporarily closed earlier this season in an effort to address safe passage. [Click here to read full statement and updated news regarding the Bend Whitewater Park]
With three distinct in-water channels, The Bend Whitewater Park is Bend’s newest – and most unique – river recreation amenity and is designed for all levels of water enjoyment, from river floating to expert water recreational opportunities.
- Passageway Channel – The Passageway is closed for this season for evaluation. Floaters will need to exit the river before the Colorado Ave. bridge and walk to McKay Park beach to re-enter. Learn more about the Passageway Channel.
- Whitewater Channel – This center channel of the park has four wave features for emerging to expert whitewater enthusiasts. Learn more about the Whitewater Channel.
- Nature Habitat Channel – The third channel of the park exists to protect and enhance river health and provide habitat to important local and migratory wildlife. There is no public access (by people or pets) to this ecologically sensitive area.
: : : : :
- Bend Whitewater Park – Bend Park and Recreation District
- Bend Bulletin, “Whitewater Park Splashes Down In Bend”
- Bend Park & Recreation District – Bend Whitewater Park official site
- Bend Whitewater Park on Facebook