Here are the top 3 things for homebuyers and sellers to keep in mind this year:
- Get your credit ready! Clean it up, fix any issues, and know that there IS life after foreclosure.
- Be realistic when it comes to negotiations – low ball offers may eliminate you from consideration, especially with multiple offers being commonplace at the moment.
- Make sure to ask questions and do due diligence on any home you want to purchase so there aren’t any unexpected surprises.
- If you want to sell your home this year, be proactive and get your home prepared for sale now, but don’t do any major renovations if you plan to sell soon.
- Hire a savvy Real Estate Broker that can provide great advice, negotiation skills, and local market insight. Beware of Brokers with “too good to be true” price opinions that may be just trying to “buy” your listing.
- It’s a “sellers market” so plan accordingly, but remember that real estate is local – your home will ultimately sell at a price that is dictated by your local real estate market (not just city-wide; it’s down to your immediate neighborhood/area).
[Source: “Ten Tips for Homebuyers and Sellers in 2014”, MSN Real Estate]
Got questions? We’re here to help.